Followers

Monday, June 20, 2011

June is "Bride Month"--Check it out!
























Mona Hodgson has gracious given us an interview with Ida Sinclair, the main character in Too Rich for a Bride. Settle in for a minute and get to know Ida, won't you? I promise, you'll be glad you did!

Ida Sinclair: The Star of Too Rich for a Bride

By Mona Hodgson

(www.monahodgson.com)


Who are you?

I am the big sister, the oldest daughter, the responsible one. I’m the one who makes things happen for other people. Isn’t this what the first-born does?

What do you want?

I want to make things happen for myself. I want to be a successful businesswoman, respected for my abilities and my hard work.

You expect to do that in a mining town out West?

You think it’s wrong for me to seek success in the world of business, to earn my own money?

No, but it’s certainly not going to be easy. I only wanted to clarify your intentions for your fans.

My fans?

Yes, the Sinclair sisters—each of you--have a following of readers who care about you and your journey. What has your life been like since your mother died?

The moon was high when I heard my father crying. I rushed into the hallway outside my parents’ bed chamber. Dr. Haufbauer stood there rocking back and forth, shaking his head and puffing his pipe. Ever since then, I’ve felt responsible for my father’s well-being and my sisters’ care. Now it’s time for me to follow my dream.

Have you left any room for romance in your plans? Do you believe in love?

Although I would like to eventually find love and wed, I’m not searching for a man. Right now romance would be a distraction I can’t afford. If I ever do decide to pursue love and marriage, it’ll be after I’ve found success in business.

What about your father’s wishes that you and your sisters find a man in Cripple Creek, Colorado who can provide for you?

Father isn’t in Cripple Creek. He’s busy working in Paris. Besides, I’m not one of the daughters he was worried about. He knows I can take care of myself. Soon, I’ll prove it to him.

What has your life been like since your father moved to Paris?

Focused and lonely. I take my business courses in the mornings and work in the school’s office in the afternoons. Aunt Alma’s house is comfortable, but cluttered. Vivian has a beau, but you don’t want to get me started on him. Anyway, between Vivian’s schooling and her fascination with Gregory, she’s too busy for much more than a Sunday checkers game with her big sister.

What one word would you use to describe the following people?

Kat – wordsmith

Nell – homemaker

Vivian – Vivacious

Father – Steady

Aunt Alma - Entertaining

What word would you use to describe yourself?

Resourceful.

What word would your sisters use to describe you?

Dependable.

What word would your father use to describe you?

Capable.

How would you describe your relationship with God?

It’s more a battle for control, than a relationship.

Ida, now that you’ve been in Cripple Creek for a while, has your perspective changed any? One, you should know, you wrote the book. Two, my story says it all, and I don’t want to spoil the read for the Sinclair sister fans.


Wasn't that fun? Find out more about the brides in Mona's new series at her website: www.monahodgson.com

1 comment:

  1. Interesting interview. Love the insight into the character.

    ReplyDelete