Followers

Thursday, July 22, 2010

A New Favorite Author!



Okay, this seldom happens--actually, almost never!--but I have a new name to add to my very short "favorite author" list: Cynthia Ruchti. Cynthia is President of the American Christian Fiction Writers (ACFW), and she deserves it! They Almost Always Come Home is her debut novel, and it's a blockbuster! Seriously, I not only thoroughly enjoyed the story as a reader, but as a writer I was captivated by Cynthia's talent and ability. This is one of those instances when I so enjoyed an author's first book that I will make sure I'm on the lookout for all the rest of them.

They Almost Always Come Home is a poignant love story, a real-life, no-holds-barred, right-from-the-heart tale of two people torn apart over a wrenching loss and ready to call it quits. Then one of them gets lost, and they both begin a harrowing, danger-filled journey home. The question is, will there be anything left once they get there?

Set in the beautiful northern woods of rugged Canada, this page-turning, heartbreaking/heartwarming story is truly one of the best I've read in a very long time. Thank you, Cynthia, for calling us back to the Father's heart through your perfectly chosen words.

To learn more about Cynthia and/or to order They Almost Always Come Home, go to www.cynthiaruchti.com. (Also available in hard cover, large print in August 2010.)

7 comments:

  1. I have the ARC for this and I want to read it...soon! So many books, so little time. But I'll get there. After I finish "Valeria's Cross!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry - there was a glaring typo in my first post that I just couldn't let slide.

    I just finished reading this book not more than one hour ago - it is everything you said and more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathi, you're absolutely right about Cynthia's incredible debut novel. It's a deeply moving story told by a masterful story-teller. I say that in all sincerity, masterful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There will be a review up at http://internationalchristianfictionwriters.blogspot.com next Monday (26th) and an interview with Cynthia and a book giveaway at the same address on Monday, August 9. Mark the date! You won't want to miss the true story behind They Almost Always Come Home. LOVED this book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What amazing comments to warm my heart! Thank you, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed this review and WILL go out and buy this book. It looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete